Thursday, July 31, 2014

GOD'S EYE CANDY

After the storm was done Sunday, the sun burst forth from the dark clouds.  A few drops of rain was still falling so I knew I had the possibility of seeing a rainbow but I was not prepared for the sight I saw before my very eyes.  I stepped outside to see this majestic site.  A rainbow that started (or ended) in the middle of the lake.  The sight of that rainbow was totally amazing to me.  I had seen rainbows before, but to see the rainbow coming out of the lake was breathtaking.  The grandchildren wanted to hop on the boat and search for the pot of gold.  "I'll put on my life vest and snorkel to find it meemaw." Nicholas was excited.  It was a sight to behold and one I do not take lightly.  The colors of the rainbow were brilliant.  God's paintbrush was full of color that day.  I could honestly picture Him up in Heaven with the color palette in one hand and His paintbrush in another.  The reds, greens, yellows, oranges,blues & purples brushed together to illuminate the dark clouds in the distance to let us know that the storm was over and hope is still alive.  This rainbow was special.  The spitting of the rain drops would stop and the rainbow would vanish.  Then the spitting began again and the sunshine caused the rainbow to reappear in the exact place it was a few short moments before.  That day I felt the promises of God leap into my heart yet again.  You see for me a rainbow renews the promises of God in my heart.  The promises are so numerous that it would take me years to discuss them.  If you want to discover the promises of God, blow the dust off that Bible that has been sitting on your bookshelf and read it!  Trust me it will be life changing. 

 Candy is colorful and sweet.  It is that "feel good" thing that can pick up our spirits and put a skip in our steps. I love candy!  Rainbows to me, is candy for my eyes, although it is fat free and sugar free. There is no carbs in this eye candy, no guilt or weight gain with this candy in the sky that God personally airbrushed for me. No amount of exercise is needed to work off the results in divulging in this candy.  As candy brings a simple joy to children everywhere, the promises of God brings a simple joy to my heart,.  It makes my heart skip a beat and brings a tear to my eyes.  After the stress of a storm, sometimes something sweet like candy makes us all feel better, well a rainbow does that for me.  It makes me feel better.  It brings a sense of peace to a heart that was battered by the storms in life.  Rainbows brighten my life and make the memories of the storm remain in my past.  Instead of dwelling on the pain from the storm, I chose to focus in the promises of God contained in His rainbow of hope.  

Every storm has a price to be paid and a lesson to be learned.  The destruction these storms sometimes cause, means there is a time to clean up the mess our life became during the storm.  Like everything in life we can either chose to ignore to consequences of the storm, ignore the clean up and ignore the lesson or we can become like an Eagle and embrace the storms in life and learn from them.  I have chosen to be like the Eagle.  I fly above the storms in life and watch for the lesson I need to learn.  Although it is not always easy and the lessons can be rather tough, the reward, for me, is knowing that through the storm I continued to praise God and I trusted in Him alone, not myself or anyone else.  The reward for being faithful during some of the most difficult moments of my life, is the promise that God will work it all out for my good.  That is why the rainbow means so much to me.


What Satan means for our harm, God will turn around for our good.  Satan wants to steal the promise of God away from us.  He wants to kill the joy and peace that Jesus died to give us.  God wants to give us life, hope and love.  As believers we need to focus on the promises, not the storms.  We need to remember the lessons we learned, not the disaster that was left in the wake of the storm.  Yes it will take hard work and an honest look in the mirror but the reward is so worth it.  The promises of God are evident to me in every rainbow I see.  The promises of God are free to whoever believes in His Son Jesus Christ.  They are available to you today.  There is no complicated method, no tests, no qualifications, no education requirements and no list of "good works" to do before accepting the promises God has for you. All it takes is a belief in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  Please if you have never verbally accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, do it today!  

Jesus I accept you as my Lord and Savior.  Come into my heart today and cleanse me of all my sin.  Give me the promises of God and teach me your ways, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...