Wednesday, November 21, 2018

HAPPY THANKSGIVING




 A few weeks ago I flew out to Arizona to visit with my mom.  As I was flying I looked out my window and saw this amazing scene.  The clouds, the sunshine, the airplane soaring through the sky; I was mesmerized by the beauty that spoke to me as I gazed into the sheer beauty of the sky I was flying through.  I instantly was reminded of this verse from scripture,

Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

You know there are so many times we take the simple things in life for granted.  Oh we thank God for the extraordinary, out of this world miracles, we thank Him for open doors that propel us to a new level of success at work, we thank Him for healing, we thank Him for all the big things in life, but do we thank Him for the everyday things we take for granted?  Oxygen?  Clean water to drink?  Electricity?  A roof over our heads?  Health?  Sight?  Hearing?  Walking?  Our job?  Rain?  Clothes to wear?  Food to eat?  A bed to lay our weary heads at night?  How about thanking Him for the sunshine?  The stars?  The moon?  The universe?  Okay here's a real challenging one....ready?  How often do we thank Him for the challenges in our lives, the storms, the trials that test our faith?  

Yes I said thank Him for the tough times in our lives.  It is only through those tough times that I have learned so much about myself and His faithfulness.  It's only during those hard times that I have grown in my faith.  Those times have propelled me to a new level of faith and a increased season of blessings that still amaze me.  Although those times are hard I have come to appreciate them because for me it means that God is going to trust me with more blessings and more favor.   Mind you He doesn't cause any of these hard times, I'm usually the cause of my own troubles with the help of a little red horned devil.  But He will use those difficulties to shape me to be more like Him.  

If everything in my life was a piece of cake, and everything was filled with sunshine and roses, I wouldn't need God.  As a parent we have to allow our children to make mistakes and face the consequences of their decisions.  That's the only way they learn.  Well if God is our Heavenly Father, why wouldn't He do the same thing for us?  I can imagine the smirk on His face sometimes when we make the decisions we make. He probably shakes His head in disbelief at our choices.  But He never abandons us, He never lets go of us and He'll always be there to pick up the pieces when we fall.  

Today, and every day...let's give Thanks to God for all the blessings and all the trials in our lives.     

Ephesians 5:20 Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Abba Father...today I give You all thanks ad all praise for being who You are.  You are the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  You have been, You always are  and You always will be.  Apart from You there is no God.  I thank You for all the blessings in my life.  I thank You for all the trials and storms that have taught me so many valuable lessons.  You are amazing God.  Thank You for Grace and salvation in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. well sis, thank you for listening from Father in this truth of life over errors of life we all have made and might again make.
    For adversities is not good, but is, WHAT???????? I see this depends on one's view
    Either in trust to God in all things good or bad that happen to us or not.
    Love is giving another their entire life for that other to either kill, destroy and ruin them.

    Trust is trusting that other one will not do that to us.

    Now that is who God is, the one and one to trust, understanding we will go through troubles here on earth, and in belief to Son is risen we can stand up even though in the storm happening against us.
    For God said, he works out everything to our good, James 1:1-12 tells us to count all as good, as that is not easy whenever going through troubles here on earth.
    So can we now take the bad and see what to learn from it, without be angry.
    As the cat hanging on a tree branch, says Oh Lord if I can learn from all my mistakes, what a wonderful future I will have.
    Let's go and lands on his feet, see what God has done for us to stand in trust to land on our feet every time somehow, someway.

    See the book of Job as your name in his place, to see Father say, I know you will not deny me either, as Satan says oh yeah he/she will.

    Thank you Father and Son I tis done form us to walk new in you

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...