Monday, December 4, 2017

GO AHEAD MAKE MY DAY



Ever have one of those days when it seems everything you planned goes by the wayside?  Today is one of those days.  I felt defeated before my feet even hit the floor.  I planned to work out, didn't get done.  I planned on picking up leaves and nuts in our yard, nope.  I planned on writing this first thing this morning after my work out and before I picked up leaves.  Do you see what time it is?  Yea I didn't do anything like I had planned.  Right now I'm sitting here with a disgusted look on my face and I'm shaking my head is disbelief.  Seriously though, it makes me mad at myself.  How could I have let this day get so much out of control?  I know you've all felt that way at one time or another.  We plan,  we strategize, we schedule, we even make a list of things to accomplish.  Then we wake up.  

Alright I might as well sit and laugh about it, otherwise I would get madder and madder as the night crept in.  I could vent but what good would that do?  I could throw myself a pity party, but that wouldn't change things.  I know how about I just go back to bed and start the day all over tomorrow, that just might work.  Then again it probably won't.  Maybe I should just get over it and do what I can do right now and let the rest go.  Listen I know some of you may be a bit confused right now but let me be really honest here....I'm in a battle.  The battle is for my soul and it is real.  

Satan wants me distracted, overwhelmed and angry.  His favorite weapon to use against me is my own thoughts!  He attacks my mind with lies and schemes and strategies that make me confused and full of doubts.  "Did God really say you are His daughter?"  "Did you really receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit?"  "Do you really believe He loves you and forgives you?"  "Who do you think you are?"  "Is there really a God?"  Oh yea these questions and thoughts bombard my mind until I sometimes just give up, grab my iPad and play games and watch Hallmark Christmas Movies.  Yes, that is what I did today.  He got me!  He distracted me!  To top it all off, I allowed it!!

WHY?????  Why did I allow this to happen?  What's wrong with me?  The thing is his attack on me today actually made me feel physically ill.  It was mind blowing when I look back on it all.  Okay now it's funny.  I seriously let this fallen angel, this idiot who actually tried to take God's place ruin my plans for today.  Listen the enemy is alive and well on planet earth.  He is a liar!  He is pure evil!  He schemes to distract us and he tries to steal our joy.  He longs to destroy our relationship with God.  The thing is he has already lost the battle.  Jesus Christ defeated Satan when He rose from the dead.  

Isaiah 54:17 (AMPC)  But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord.

No weapon formed against us will ever prosper unless we allow it to.  We have the Lord Jesus Christ to protect us and defend us.  Nothing and no one will ever separate us from His constant love and protection.  Jesus Christ is my shield, my fortress, my God in whom I trust.  He will shelter me and He fights for me.  Because of Jesus I have peace, righteousness, security and victory.  I am human and I fail to remember these truths sometimes.  But it doesn't take me too long to come to my senses and remember these truths.  

I am a servant of Jesus Christ!  Through His blood shed on the cross, through His resurrection from the dead, I have been redeemed and forgiven.  I have the promise of eternity in Heaven.  If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, I pray you seek out truth!  Please join me on the journey of a lifetime for all of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...