Monday, November 13, 2017

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT




Ever have one of those days where everything seems to go wrong?  Ever experience a time when your heart just seems so heavy and weighed down? There are times we all experience this I believe.  Sometimes we don't even know why we feel that way or what is causing it, but it happens to the best of us, that is if we're being totally honest.  I've had those days when a smile just don't seem possible.  Oh sure I could blame it on the weather but in reality it usually happens when we're disappointed or frustrated whether at ourselves, our situation or someone else.  There is usually nothing that can be done to rectify the situation, we can't make ourselves snap out of it and we can't make someone do something for us that they don't want to do.  This stuff usually starts the downward spiral into becoming brokenhearted. 

Feeling brokenhearted is not easy to deal with.  It literally feels like someone is ripping your heart right out of your chest with no anesthesia.  It's painful, it's hard and it's also the reality of this human life sometimes.  Alright I'll admit it, sometimes life sucks.  We expect things to go a certain way and they don't, we expect people to treat us a certain way and they don't, we expect ourselves to be perfect and we're not.  It may seem at times like life just threw us a curve ball we weren't expecting.  Like we were hit right between the eyes and we never saw it coming.  Have you ever felt that way?  Am I the only one who falls into a pool of tears?

Okay I'm being honest here and so should you!  Being brokenhearted is not a weakness and it does not mean you are a failure.  For me it means that God is going to raise me to a new level and my enemy, Satan, doesn't want me to go there.  He attacks me with a vengeance that is powerful and scary. As God tries to continue to prune me and grow me, the attacks from the enemy become increasingly more frequent.  He (the enemy) will use whatever and whoever he can to break me.  He will fill my head with lies until I become brokenhearted and cry a pool of tears.  That's usually when I fall with my face on the floor.  Call it a pity party or a strategic plan but it's at that point I have a decision to make.  I can either remain pitiful or I can become powerful.  

How in the world can I become powerful when I feel brokenhearted?  Well to be honest it ain't easy.  In fact it can be rather painful.  Usually when my heart is broken and my spirit feels crushed, I turn to my Heavenly Daddy and ask Him to reveal to me His truth about who I am.  I ask Him to speak truth to me in areas I need to change or grow.  I ask Him if there is someone I need to forgive or something I need forgiveness for.  I ask Him to speak to my heart and my mind.  I ask Him to fill me with His spirit and I bind the enemies power in my heart and my mind.  My Heavenly Daddy, loves the brokenhearted.  No matter how broken I feel, my Heavenly Daddy is with me, healing me and saving me from the attacks of the enemy.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that I can awaken from being brokenhearted and feel restored and redeemed.  You see Jesus Christ has already defeated Satan.  Because I believe in Jesus Christ, I have the power to overcome the enemy.  What used to take me days and sometimes weeks to recover from, now only lasts an hour or less.  How?  I have a personal relationship with the One who defeated the enemy. I have been saved and I have the same power that rose Jesus from the grave living inside of me. With that kind of power and love, no weapon formed against me will ever prosper. Although I may feel brokenhearted for a time, I am not defeated.  I will overcome and live my life powerful, not pitiful.  

As I continue my journey as a Jesus Girl, I know the enemy will continue his attacks and at times even increase them, but I have already won the battle because Jesus Christ already won the war.  I've read the end of my story and I win through my belief in Jesus Christ.  Join me please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...