Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I HAVE A SINKING FEELING




   

Here we go again!  Ever walk into a situation and get that sinking feeling like something is going to go wrong?  I know I have.  I'm sure this boat owner also thought that recently this year.  Imagine sailing on the ocean when suddenly a storm arises.  Lightning flashes across the skies, the wind picks up and tosses your boat from side to side.  The rain comes and it feels like needles hitting your face as you do your best to try to save your sail boat from certain destruction.  The waves begin to crash over the bow and then this happens.  If your not prepared for a storm, this will happen. 

Storms in life are inevitable. The come and go like the wind. Some storms are stronger than others, some storms last longer than others.  Some people go through many storms in life and some seem like they hardly go through any.  The thing about storms is they can be scary especially if we are not prepared to deal with them unfortunately most storms come without warning.  It's not like actual weather storms that we can see on radar.  In life we usually have no radar to detect storms approaching, but there are times when we have a sinking feeling that some kind of storm is brewing in the distance.  

I've gone through many storms in my life and some were easier than others, but one thing I have learned through life is to embrace the storms in life and rise above them.  It's not easy to embrace them and it's extremely difficult to rise above them.  To be honest I could never and would never try to do this on my own.  I have the Lion of Judah on my side.  Jesus Christ is my GPS in the storms of my life.  Yes I have been battered and bruised and beaten up by these storms, but I have also learned many valuable lessons about myself and my God.  

James 1:2-4 (The Message)  Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.  You know that under pressure, your faith life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.  So don't try to get out of anything prematurely.  Let it do its work so you become mature and well developed, not deficient in any way. 

I know it may seem utterly absurd to consider storms and tests and  a gift, but they are just that.  Storms have taught me who my true friends are and just how strong I am with God on my side.   Trust me I cannot endure the storms without Jesus Christ.  He is my strength and He gives me the wisdom and courage I need to come out of the storm without sinking or drowning.  Rising above the storms and looking at them through His eyes and with His  heart, He has taught me what I have needed to grow a little more mature with each storm. 

Life is difficult at it's best and we will go through storms in this life, I choose to do it with Jesus Christ by my side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...