Monday, May 8, 2017

A BLESSED LIFE.



Oh boy here I go again.  I am always wondering why the word obedience is so hard to hear let alone do.  My stubborn pride, my selfishness always makes me want to do things my way.  I want to speak my mind without concern for who is listening.  I want to say the first thing that pops into my mind without considering whether it may hurt someone's feelings.   After all why should I care, right?  I mean if others have an issue with something I say or do or believe, that's their problem, right?   I get tired of trying to keep my mouth shut or doing the right thing when others just don't seem to care.  Why should I care?

Well here's my moment of conviction.....if I truly believe in Jesus Christ, if He is truly my Savior, then I should be changing and I should be becoming more like Jesus.   WWJD.  Remember that slogan?  I do.  At first I thought it was silly and corny, but I realize it is a very real, very true statement we should all live by.  You see as Christians,we are called to a higher standard of behavior.   We are expected to be a living example of Jesus Christ here on earth.  So for me, I should live as Christ, I should speak as Him, walk as Him, and do as He did when He lived on earth.   But I often don't.  I'm weak!   I'm human!  I'm stubborn!  I'm prideful!  I'm selfish!   

I am called to love God, love others and love who God created me to be, but I am also called to obey.   Trust me I cannot do it in my own strength.  It is only through Jesus that I can obey.   It's not easy.  I want to mouth off sometimes and put people in their place, but I choose not to.   Why?  Because I figure things this way....if I wouldn't say it to Jesus Himself, I shouldn't say it to anyone else.   If I wouldn't treat Jesus a certain way, I shouldn't treat anyone else that way.  I do my best to remember WWJD...what would Jesus do!   

It may sound funny and far fetched to you but I want my life to be blessed by God.  I may be wrong but I truly believe that if we truly believe in Jesus Christ, if we truly love God, then we will obey.   Mind you, God gives us a free will.  He has never forced me to obey.  But I have learned that through obedience to Him, my life has been blessed, not perfect, but blessed.  God's promises in the Old Testament is as real today as His promises in the New Testament.   

I want to challenge you today to embrace WWJD and live by it.  Obedience can lead to amazing blessings and outrageous love!  


Deuteronfomy 28:1-2  "And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...