Saturday, December 17, 2016

WHO DOESN'T LOVE PRESENTS?








Okay lets be perfectly honest here....we all love to presents.  Oh sure we can all say "It's better to give than to receive"  but if we're being honest with ourselves we have to admit that for us it's better to receive.  After all who doesn't love opening presents?  I know I do.  And if you're being 100% honest you'd say the same thing.  For me it doesn't matter the cost of the gift, what matters for me is the thought that went into the gift.  Presents are awesome.  Admit it.  Don't try to be all holier than though, self righteous and pious.  Don't act like you have a halo over your head.  You know darn well that you love opening presents.  It's exciting opening a present someone bought just for you. 

This time of year presents take on a very different meaning, at least for me they do.  For me this time of year I try to do my best to concentrate on presence instead of presents.  Now before you sign off or close this out please take some time and hear me out.  You see for me Christmas is about one of the greatest gifts of all, the presence of God.  Not the presents of God.  Way too often us believers concentrate on the presents God has given us without ever really thinking about His presence.  We thank Him of all the gifts He gives us, but what about His presence?  I too was so blinded by all the gifts I have received from God, so grateful for those, that I totally forgot about the greatest gift of all, His presence.  

God's presence is with me every single second of every single minute of my life.  As a believer in Jesus Christ, as one who received the gift of eternal salvation, the very presence of God is with me.  This presence of my Living God has brought about new dimensions to my life.  No matter what my current circumstances are, I have a peace which surpasses all understanding.  No matter what is happening in the world around me, I have faith that God will guide me through it all.  No matter how mean people are to me, no matter what people say about me, I know what God says about me because His presence is with me.  

I do not have to sit in a church pew to be in His presence.  I do not have to belong to a certain religion to be in His presence.  To be honest being in His presence can be frightening.  Why?  Because once I am in His presence He begins to work on me from the inside out.  He changes me.  The books I read changes, the music I listen to changes, the TV shows I watch changes, the movies I see changes and yes even some of my friends have had to go.  It can be painful to sit in His presence because once you do, you will never be the same.  So if it's painful and frightening why should I sit in His presence?

Well the reward is far greater than anything I could imagine.  He has removed people from my life and replaced them with people who love me and encourage me to be all He created me to be.  He has replaced my books and music and TV and movies with ones that make me feel good about life.  I have a peace and joy in my heart so profound it's hard to explain.  I live in the very real presence of God every day.  It is the best present I ever received.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 comment:

  1. As I see you know is eternity given thee by Father in risen Son. the two as Won for you to be one with them as one still. Amen Sis

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...