Monday, December 5, 2016

THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS




What is it about Christmas that brings out the little kid in all of us?  Or should I say most of us?  There always seems to be a sense of magic, a sense of wonder and awe surrounds this time of year. Pixie dust sprinkled letters to a Santa Claus, the smell of fresh baked goodies fill our homes, family and friends we rarely see gather round a lighted pine tree, carolers sing about peace on earth and good will towards all mankind, decorations that make us reorganize our homes, the thought of buying that perfect gift for that someone special....these simple things seem to bring about a sense of magic.  Christmas is not another day and lets be honest...it's not just another holiday either.  There is something magical that only happens at Christmas.  

I know, it has to do with the jolly old sole who resides at the North Pole!  His laughter, his belly shaking laughter that brings the magic.  His willingness to give to others inspires us.  His laughter makes us giggle with glee.  The fact that his reindeers really fly fills us with magical hope that we will actually get to witness this event.  The simple fact that for a day his entire menu consists of cookies and milk definitely brings out the kid in all of us.  Santa Claus, that has to bring out the kid in all of us.  I know it does that for me.  I love Santa Claus.  The idea that someone could love others the way he does gives me hope and puts a twinkle in my eye.  I feel like a little kid again.  The excitement, the anticipation, the nervous giggles all come rushing back to me in a moment.  

The gifts he brings are amazing.  How he knows how to give us the perfect gift is beyond my comprehension.  Yes we may give him a list of what we want, but he does better than that, he seems to be able to know what we need, not just what we want.  He always seems to take gift giving one step higher than we could ever imagine.  His love for all of us reaches to new heights and is simply beyond anything we could ever imagine.  Just the mention of his name brings joy and happiness to a weary, wounded soul.  Just hearing his laughter puts a smile on the depressed person.  Seeing the twinkle in his eyes, warms the hardest of hearts.  Santa Claus is real, but he's not who you think he is, at least not for me.  

You see when I think of Santa Claus, when I see those twinkling eyes, when I hear that infectious laughter, when I see how much he gives to those in need....I see the face of God!  You see the man we know as Santa Claus, or St. Nicholas, was inspired by my heavenly Father...God!  He chose one of the holiest days of the year to spread joy to those children who were most in need.  His heart and love continues to spread across this world today in the hearts of parents and grandparents.  But what some chose to ignore is the fact that God inspired the person we call Santa Claus.

God loves you and I so much that He gives us His best.  His laughter, (yes I believe God laughs after all He'd have to have a sense of humor...He made us) fills my heart with joy.  God's twinkling eyes makes my eyes sparkle with His love.    He overwhelms my soul with love.  When I stop and try to comprehend the gifts He has given me, I am drawn to my knees.  You see God gave His life for us in the form of Jesus Christ.  He came down from heaven, He got up off His throne and was born to a virgin in a dirty, grimy manger.  He was tortured, beaten, bruised and killed so that we might come to know Him and believe in Him and spend eternity with Him.  

You see, Santa Claus was inspired by someone pretty amazing.  God gives us His heart with open arms.  He's waiting for you this Christmas.  He has a gift for you that is beyond anything you could ever imagine.  His love is overwhelming and powerful.  His grace is beyond comprehension.  Please take time and ponder the truth of God's amazing love that is waiting for you today.  The heart of Christmas has a name...Jesus Christ.  And He's waiting for you today.  I feel the magic of Christmas every single day of my life.  It's not about Santa Claus, it's about God!  Even St. Nicholas knew that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...