Monday, August 27, 2018

SWEET SUMMER




My heart skips a beat every time I see a flower.  For me it is one of my biggest joys.   I love flowers.  I love growing them, and I love receiving them.  Flowers are so beautiful and breathtaking to me yet in reality they do nothing. Or do they?  Well let me see... they make the world beautiful and they feed the bees.  They bloom where they are planted.  They paint the landscapes of this world with color.  Some of them are edible, some of them are poisonous, some of them are just plain mean, like poison ivy (which I am highly allergic to).  Where would the mountains be without beauty of the wild flowers?  What would the streams and rivers look like without the wild flowers filling their banks with their beauty?  What would a garden look like without any flowers?

I love a variety of flowers and an array of different colors.  But tending a garden filled with flowers can be a lot of work.  I have to pull the weeds that try to choke out my flowers, I have to fertilize my flowers so they grow, I need to water them, but first of all I need to plant them in the proper location that is best for them.  Without doing these things, my flowers would not survive.  They would be dead, dried up, shriveled heaps of brown, ugly stems.  Have you ever seen a dead flower?  It doesn't make for a pretty picture.   

Our lives are a lot like flowers.  We need to take care of ourselves in many different ways.  We need to eat right, exercise, rest and drink water.  If we don't take care of ourselves physically, we will eventually pay a high price for our declining health.  What we eat and drink affects our bodies in ways we cannot see, but will eventually feel.  What we drink will either improve our health, or make our health decline.  We have a responsibility to take care of our bodies just like we take care of our gardens.  Sadly many of us take better care of our gardens and neglect our health.  

Also we need to take care of our minds.  What we watch, read, and listen to will affect our mind, which will in turn affect our hearts, then it will affect our words and eventually our health.   Our mind is a powerful tool and it is a battlefield that will affect our lives, our health and our eternity.  Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy our minds, our health and our eternity.  He fills us will lies and deceptions, he fills us with doubts and worries, he clutters our minds with garbage and waters it with schemes and strategies.  If we are careful about what we are putting in our mind, we will be like a neglected garden...dead on the inside and outside.  

The thing about a garden is once it's dead...it's dead!  You can't bring a dead garden back to life.  You can replant it and start over with a new one, but we can't do that with our lives. Once we're dead....we're dead.  We don't get a new one, we don't get a do over.  But wait....there's good news.  It's not too late for your health and your mind.  You can change what you are putting into your body and your mind.  You can start to eat right, you can begin to exercise, you can put down that diet coke and start to drink water.  You can also change what is going into your mind.  Change what you are reading and listening to.  Fill your mind with positive uplifting truths about God.  You can change direction and you can also change your eternity.  

I want my life, my health, my words, my mind and my heart to be a well watered garden that speaks hope, life and truth into other people's lives.  I want to bloom where I am planted, which is this...I am planted in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.  He waters my heart and soul.  He nourishes me with His truth and the food He created.  He removes the weeds in my life and kills the lies of the enemy.  He prunes away the dead and lifeless parts of my life and renews His Holy Spirit that lives within me.  He daily renews my mind and fills it with truths about who He is and what He can do for me and through me.  He guides me and satisfies me, He strengthens me so that I can be all He created me to be. 


Isaiah 58:11  The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones;  you shall be like a well watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.  

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! Amen!! ((Hugs)) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Son reconciled us all in by his one time willing death for us to turn to his ?Father in belief, Son is risen from the dead for us to be this right here, right now and forever in them as Won (One) for us to be One with them as two makes one.

    I think Father is waiting for our willingness for his Love in spirit and truth to take over and lead, not we anymore, as I am still learning this truth also.

    To see it is not what one puts into their bodies, rather what comes out from them. Need that new heart? Ask Father for it, and watch how all things begin to be ne, even in adversities too.

    Ezekiel 36:26, which you caught before in another post, and I thank you for belief too
    As Father knows best, trains each of us in such ways, only we can understand, now that is love beyond measure to me Sis.
    For when he said he will never leave us r forsake us, that is truth, for I am not perfect, before belief, during belief nor after belief.
    Yet, I you, and all in belief are perfected by his love given us through Son that is risen for us to walk new in and not of works of self. His done work of Love to all. That is the water, that puts out the fire, after one has burned up first, to seek out truth over errors of this word and these bodies we are in.

    The fight continues to see truth over error as only Father himself in risen Son can reveal.

    Thanking Father in thanksgiving and praise, today all sin is, has and forever is taken away. by Son at the cross in his shed blood, that will never be shed again for anymore forgiveness to be given. It Is Finished as John 19:30 states this truth, and Col. 1:22 says by his death, we are 100% forgiven, reconciled to Father, so as in 2 Cor 5:17-20 be therefore reconciled to God Father of Son for us.
    Then one will walk new and not of self, of Father's lead through you. Remembering this as well, to not think you know, for only Father knows. And he has chosen to share this, for Paul told us in 2 Cor. 12:7-10 to glory in our need for him.
    Amazing how it is all God and none of me or anyone else here on earth, we are to me as water glass vessels to be used by Father in risen Son to love all as he has loved us all first. 1 John 4:18-19 this is where all fear is kicked out, in his perfect love
    Not that I have gained, for to me to think I have, I then need to be buffeted again. If not buffeted, then maybe I am not his.

    Just venting Sis, I need Go's lead always, through me, thanks



    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...