Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I'M TIRED OF LIVING LUKEWARM. ARE YOU?





Revelation 3:16  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew you out of my mouth.    

Now stop and think about it before you answer the question above.  Seriously think about your answer because either way you answer will affect your life and infect your soul.  I don't know about you but I am tired of living a lukewarm life.   Are you?  For some of us this lukewarm lifestyle is comfortable.  We go to church on the weekend, we may pray at night or in the morning, but as far as really getting involved with God on a daily basis, reading His word, meditating on His word, learning from His word and actually getting off our high horse and allowing Him to change us, well that's just a little too radical for us.   Creating a prayer closet our home?  Well that's just wasting good space.  

We go to church and say we believe yet we're living with our boyfriend or girlfriend.  We read our Bibles yet we read romance novels and other books that glorify sin.  We pray  for God to help us, yet we don't allow Him to change us.  We ask for forgiveness yet are unwilling to forgive others.  Do you get where I'm going here?  Trust me I have drifted into the lukewarm area of Christianity many times, but this verse always bring me back to my senses.  

Spew - to discharge or eject the contents of the stomach; to vomit; to cast forth, or eject as with disgust or anger.   I do not want God to spew me out of His mouth.  Do you?  

Do you like lukewarm drinks or food?  No!  No one does.  It tastes so much better if the food that's supposed to be hot, is hot and if the food that's supposed to be cold is cold.  Drinks that are lukewarm is positively gross, at least to me.  I do not like warm ice cream or warm hamburgers.  I do not like warm coffee or warm slushies.  Lukewarm is mediocre.  I don't want to eat that way and I certainly don't want to live that way.  I am tired of it.  Are you?  When will we ever learn?  When will we ever get a grasp on the truth of this verse.  When will we ever accept the reality that God does not like lukewarm Christianity?


Okay let's be honest honest here...we do not want to face truth about our life.  We do not want to admit that we are lukewarm.  We want to say we're red hot on fire for God, yet are we willing to give up the garbage in our life?  Are we willing to give up what we are reading?  Are we willing to give up what we are watching?  Are we willing to give up some of our buddies at the local bar?  Are we willing to stop complaining and whining?   Are we willing to totally, I mean TOTALLY surrender to God?  

For a while now I feel like I have been living lukewarm.  I've made excuses for myself because we moved a couple months ago.  To be honest, I lost my focus.  Oh yea I got it back occasionally but not for long.  Something else always popped up that needed my attention.   There was always something that needed to be done, or so I thought.  Last night I had a wake up call for myself....lukewarm is mediocre and I do not want to live a mediocre life any longer.  

I allowed the enemies lies, schemes and strategies to distract me and steal joy.  Lukewarm just seemed so comfortable.  No ruffled tail feathers, no one getting offended, no drama, no tears.  But in all the things I didn't have to deal with because of my lukewarm attitude, I also missed out on the joy, the peace and the thrill of being red hot, on fire for Jesus Christ.  So watch out world, I'm back!!!

Are you hot or cold?  Are you lukewarm?  Get up and fight to become all God wants you to be.  Stop living a mediocre life.  Stop compromising.  Stop allowing the enemy to lie to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...